Friday, February 10, 2006

So much to say, so little time to blog

I have fallen behind in blogging. One of my new years resolutions was to blog daily. Since my wife's accident, I have not had the time to blog, I have been playing Mr. Mom and Dad. Here are several updates all at once.

My articles will be appearing again in 400 Edition. Due to my wife's injuries, I took a few months off from writing my monthly article. February's article is on a friend who passed away last year. His birthday was on Monday and I wanted to remember him with my article.

I am currently talking with several radio stations. In the past, I hosted a call in radio show, Life Coach Radio. I am now working on a deal to host my show, but in a audio and visual mode. The shows would be available on the radio as well as recorded and available in video format on-line.

I am in the final discussions to take Life Coach News to a printed format. The original idea was to publish a monthly or quarterly print magazine, but due to limited free time to devote to the project, we moved Life Coach News, On-Line. Now this year, it will be on-line and in print.

One more project I am working on this year. I am going to publish a e-book on customer service. As many of you know, this is a favorite topic for me. The e-book will consist of several personal experiences in the retail world. Stores included in the book will be Target, Wal-Mart, Eckerd Drugs, Wolf Camera ( I bet you could have guessed that one.), Publix grocery stores, Kroger, Costco, BJ's wholesale club, Home Depot and The UPS store.

Restaurants discussed in the e -book include IHOP ( wait till you read this story) O'Charlies, Steak & Shake, Red Lobster, Applewood in Gatlinburg Tn., Sweet Tomatoes, Wendy's and Mc Donald's.

On-line retailers in the book include, Book-a-million, Harry & David's, Amazon and Victoria Secret.

The reason all of these projects are so far behind schedule is my wife's injuries due to the accident. For anyone reading this blog for the first time, here is an update on my wife's accident. In the fall of 2005, while driving her new Suburban southbound, on Georgia 400 a truck driven by Mr. Gregory Nick Holloway lost control, hit an 18 wheeler, crossed the grassy median and hit her head on at a high rate of speed.

She was taken to the hospital for evaluation and treatment. Since that time we have accumulated over $ 40,000 in medical bills, out of pocket expenses and rehabilitation treatments. Mr. Holloway had minimal state limits of $25,000 with Nationwide Insurance. The claims representative from Nationwide mislead us into thinking they were interested in settling the claim quickly and fairly. Neither of these two statements are true or accurate.

It is now 5 months since she was injured and Mr. Holloway's insurance carrier, Nationwide Insurance has not reimbursed us one penny, not one cent. Now the Nationwide claims representative states that he does not feel the claim is worth policy limits, even though the limits are only $25,000.

The saddest part of this whole story is that Mr. Gregory Nick Holloway has never apologized to my wife, never sent her a get well card, never even tried to say he is sorry for almost killing her. Mr. Holloway's insurance carrier, Nationwide Insurance should be ashamed, five months after the accident, $40,000 in expense and they have not paid one cent.

I now understand why so many people hire an attorney right after an accident.

I will keep you posted on our progress with Mr. Holloway's insurance carrier, Nationwide Insurance.

Until next time, please wear your seatbelt.

Jeff